If you think that your digital presence isn’t critical because your buyers are “old-school,” you may want to think again.
According to a recent study by Merit, some 73% of 20- to 35-year-olds are involved in product or service purchase decision-making at their companies, with one-third reporting that they are the sole decision-maker for their department. It’s a generation who clearly defaults to digital, and will make up 50% of the entire workforce in the next two years.
As you are thinking about your digital marketing efforts for this year, here are some interesting facts to keep in mind, along with references for additional reading:
- 71% of B2B executives say they increasingly expect B2C-like experiences compared to just a few years ago. (Accenture)
- B2B digital ad budgets have increased 111% in five years. (Emarketer)
- 67% of purchases for multiple industrial manufacturing and pack-and-ship industries were influenced by digital. (Google)
- Mobile drives or influences an average of more than 40% of revenue in leading B2B organizations. (Google)
- 22% of the fastest-growing B2B companies have a live chat widget on their website. (Blue Corona)
- The most successful content marketers have access to 40% of the total marketing budget, and the least successful have just 14% of the marketing budget. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 57% of B2B marketers stated that SEO generates more leads than any other marketing initiative. (Junto)
- 70% of B2B buyers and researchers watch videos on their path to purchase. (Blue Corona)
- 53% of B2B prospects say social media played a role in their buying decisions. (Entrepreneur.com)
- B2B customers are 20% more likely to make a purchase after engaging with video content and social media channels. (LinkedIn)
Want to talk about your digital marketing plan for 2019? Give us a call!