On the walls of Pepper Group are our Sharing Scrolls, where employees and visitors sign in and share. We’ve had lots of scrolls, including one asking people to share their best piece of advice.
Here are our 25 favorites:
- Be kind. You never know what someone is going through.
- Don’t look back. You’re not going that way.
- Keep planting seeds.
- “You are what you pretend to be, so pretend carefully.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- Know your partners well.
- If not now, when?
- Do well by enough good people and it will always come around.
- Look people in the eye and smile (when you meet them).
- Just breathe.
- It’s better to fail doing something that matters, than succeed doing something that does not.
- Never compare your beginning to someone else’s middle.
- Life is easy. We make it hard.
- You are your best advocate.
- Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- The magic happens after you step outside your comfort zone.
- Common sense is not so common.
- When someone shows who they are, believe them.
- Call your mother.
- “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” – Maya Angelou
- Better to be a genuine original than a poor imitation.
- Nice guys don’t finish last.
- Tough times don’t last; tough people do.
- Respect different opinions.
Fri, 2019-09-06 11:57