The Top 25 Most Popular Snacks
The more we stay at home, the more we find ourselves standing in front of our pantry. Inspired (discouraged?) by our waistlines, we thought we’d feature the most popular snacks in America (taken from a larger list of popular foods from the website YouGov).
24. Dove® Chocolate Bars. The first chocolate bar on our list, and ahead of classics like Three Musketeers® and Baby Ruth® (who both failed to crack our list). But just behind …
23. Milky Way® Bars
22. Goldfish® Crackers
21. Orville Redenbacher’s Popcorn
20. FRITOS® Corn Chips
19. Breyers® Ice Cream
18. Chips Ahoy! ® Cookies. They were first created in 1963. We had some recently and they sort of tasted like they were made in 1963 (a bit stale, frankly).
17. Cheez-It®. We’re celebrating our 25th anniversary this year … but Cheez-It just turned 99 years old!
16. Cheetos®. We would have also liked to see “Cheetos orange fingers” on this list.
15. Chiquita® Bananas. You can argue all you want whether bananas are a snack, but we feel better about eating Cheez-It and Breyers Ice Cream after we’ve had a banana.
14. Twix® Bars
13. Nestlé® Crunch Bars
11. Nestlé® Toll House® Cookies. A bit more work than some other items on this list, but no less yummy.
10. Snickers® Bars
9. Lay’s® Potato Chips
8. Planters Peanuts
7. Oreo Cookies. More than 500 billion Oreos have been sold since they were invented in 1912. We have no idea how many have been dunked in milk, though.
6. Kit Kat® Bars
5. RITZ Crackers
4. REESE’S Peanut Butter Cups
3. HERSHEY’S KISSES
2. HERSHEY’S Chocolate Bars. That’s right—both Hershey Kisses and Bars make the top three. You could argue they are basically the same food, but that’s crazy talk.
1. M&M’s®. What else could be #1?